Electronic Player Passes - very important - please read
NSSA is offering electronic player passes. ENSA requires paper passes. If a coach does not have paper passes, they are required to have a team roster available to give the referee. If no paper passes are available, please check the players in using the roster. A NO PASS report will have to filed with NSSA so that verification of registered players can be confirmed. You will need to list all the player's and coach's first and last names on the NO PASS report.
The current electronic pass does not give an age group on it - only the club name and team name - therefore, there is no way to determine the eligibility of the players for any particular age group. Paper passes will have an age group under the picture. Rosters will have the age group listed.
Also, some clubs have teams in different age groups but with the same team name so please check the age of the game you are officiating and not just the team name.
CYSL has both electronic and paper passes for different clubs. Please file no pass reports accordingly.
Sorry for the inconvenience. NSSA is working to resolve this issue.
Open games for SATURDAY
||7/8B PapioRec 2
Open games for SUNDAY
NO SLIDE TACKLING for CYSL games - adopted Fall 2015
Please note the following now applies for all CYSL games:
Definition and General Policy
In all divisions of play, sliding tackles are not to be allowed. A sliding tackle is to be defined as an intentional sliding play with an opposing player within playing distance. Players are to be allowed to slide to play the ball in all other situations.
Procedure for Older Players (U10 and older)
For U10, U12, and U14, the following procedures are to be followed by the referee:
Schedules are open through Sep18
I have opened the schedules for the Fall 2016 season through Sep 18.
New rules of play for all leagues are not posted. Please review and print to take to the games.
No games on Labor Day weekend.
If you have a new address, email or cell phone, please "sign up to ref" so that I will have your updated info.
New Referee Clinics
For more information or to register - go to www.nebref.org
LAST CLINIC for awhile - 8/28 in Lincoln
Training for new referees
If you are a new referee, please consider training with an experienced referee mentor for two referee slots as a center referee on U9/10's and two slots as an assistant referee (AR) on U11/12's or U13/14's. Look for "training referee" or "training AR" slots on the unassigned games. After that you are encouraged to request games as referee or AR alone. If you feel another training session is needed, please contact Mary Gene.
If you do not have a username or password, please "sign up to ref" and you will be notified of your username and password (they are not autogenerated once you submit your form).
NSSA Weather Policy
NEBRASKA STATE SOCCER ASSOCIATION (ALL LEAGUES) WEATHER PLAN JULY 19, 2014
Weather Safety Plan/Lightning Safety
Before games are played, league organizers are listening and monitoring the latest forecast to determine the likelihood of thunderstorms. If thunderstorms are forecasted, league organizers will consider canceling or postponing the activity. Once people start to arrive at an activity/event, the guidelines below should be followed.
In general, a significant lightning threat extends outward from the base of a thunderstorm cloud about 6 to 10 miles. Therefore, people should be in a safe place when a thunderstorm is 6 to 10 miles away. League Representatives, Site Supervisors and/or Referees can stop the activity/event. Team Staff should get the attention of the Referee if they witness any of the criteria within the Safety Plan. Here are some criteria used to stop activities:
1. If you see lightning or;
2. If you hear thunder.
Passes and Pregame Info - please read
Suggestions for pregame. Before reading off and calling games, our referees need to:
- Review all passes before checking players in. Referee may want to get passes immediately from coach so they may be reviewed before check-in. Save time.
- Confirm ALL passes are for team scheduled to play the scheduled game. Passes for other teams are not valid for this particular game.
- Confirm all passes are for seasonal year 2015-2016. Passes for seasonal year 2014-2015 are expired, thus invalid.
- Confirm age group is correct for age group scheduled. We need to know if there are older OR younger teams playing in an age bracket.
- All passes must be laminated and have a picture. If passes look altered, are not laminated or do not have a picture, make note on your game report.
- Each pass needs to be individually laminated, no sheets with 10 passes laminated. This eases need to separate passes in cases where referees need to keep a pass (red card, etc…)
- It is recommended, not compulsory, that all passes be on a ring or a clip in case a pass needs to be removed. Also easier for referee to handle.